Exciting times ahead for residents of Shelley West as Mainswest get underway in Q3 2020 in delivering underground power in conjunction with the State Government, Western Power and the City of Canning.
The breaking ground ceremony was attended by a number of dignitaries from City of Canning and Western Power including Mayor Patrick Hall and Western Power Head of function Zane Christmas along with Mainswest’s General Manager Colin Gormley
The purpose of the Shelley West SUPP is to provide a safer environment, improved street scapes, reduce maintenance and ensure a more reliable supply of power by the undergrounding of all power cables and the removal of overhead lines in the suburb.
Shelley West is a riverside suburb located within the City of Canning and is bordered by Riverton Drive North, Leach Hwy, Fifth Ave and Monota Ave. Shelley is enviably located along Canning river, a Swan River tributary with a superb foreshore that includes the popular Shelley Beach Park.
The works we will be undertaking at Shelley West consists of:
- Installation of approximately 27.5km of High & Low voltage cable & conduit via HDD / trenching method
- Jointing, terminating & testing of all HV/LV cables
- Installation of 6 new/upgraded DX primary equipment sites
- Install & commission 213 new streetlights
- Install & terminate 329 mini / universal pillars
- Installation of new underground consumer mains & changeover of 543 properties from the overhead network to underground
- Removal of approximately 277 existing overhead network poles & associated conductors
- Reinstatement of all affected areas